Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If the broom fits....

Stamps: Witch and sentiment by Whipper Snapper
Paper: Perfect Plum; Black; White; Kiwi Kiss; Retired SU! DSP
Ink: various reinkers for watercoloring; Black;
Other: American Crafts Brads, color is Carrot. Nesties; Stickles


I just thought this saying and witch were hilarious! I had my mother in mind when I bought them. I know that sounds terrible, but it is a joke in our family that she is such a witch. Of course she isn't...well now that I am grown up and don't live with her she isn't a witch. HAHAHA
I have to say that Whipper Snapper makes some BIG stamp images and this one is no different. So this card is another 5x7. I like the big images. Particularly if I am coloring. It gives me room so I am not going out of the lines! And room to practice my shading. Coloring is not going to be my claim to fame...but I am enjoying it more than I use to. I particularly enjoy it more since I have learned more. Leslie Miller has some really good tutorials on her blog. Especially if you don't want to, or can't afford to, jump on the Copic bandwagon. I have nothing against copics. I have tried them. I even took a class on them a few weeks ago. For that type of investment, I needed to be convinced that I needed these $5-$6 markers. But I'm just not. I visit Anna Wight's blog every day, and with most of her images she colors with reinkers and an aqua brush...and her coloring is stunning! Now, no way am I in the same class as Anna, but if they are good enough for her, they are good enough for me! And my husband doesn't even realize how fortunate that is. :)

8 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

You are too funny and that image/sentiment are hilarious. Your card looks fabulous!!!

I'm not jumping on the copics bandwagon either and sticking with my reinkers/brush and I'm far behind what you are doing!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

You crack me up!! Love the sentiment on the card.

Judy H. said...

Kerry, Kerry, Kerry - you crack me up, girl! Thanks for the link to Leslie's site - great tips! Glad I ain't your mother!!! lol

Judy H.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! It fits! It fits!
I think I'm flying!!
Bwaahhahahahahahaa!

MJ said...

Oh my goodness, I almost choked on my water when I read "I had my mother in mind when I bought it" I swear I was gonna have to call 911! You crack me up, and so does this sentiment. Great coloring job too!

Angie Tieman said...

HOw cute!! I love that saying too, you're cracking me up about your mom! Poor thing! You've really got me thinking about Halloween now!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is hysterical! My hubby always tells me to get on my broom and fly away! LOL

Excellent job as always!!

Kristen said...

Now Kerry, I have met your mother and she is not a witch, but the stamp and saying is hilarious.
I think this is one of your best cards yet. The layout is perfect for the card, and your coloring is amazing (not mocking). If I could coloras good as you with that watercolor brush I wouldn;t have had to buy the copics ( which I can't elp but keep thinking I didn't need). Your a amazing artist and friend. Luv ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails