Friday, August 22, 2008

Uncomplicated

For both cards: All supplies SU!
Stamps: Inspired By Nature
Paper: More Mustard; Chocolate Chip; Confetti Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Always Artichoke grosgrain; More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive water color crayons; Swiss Dot CB embossing folder; nesties


I can honestly say that I was INSPIRED BY NATURE. And Lisa for all the great cards she has made with this set! :) (Following all these blogs is becoming costly! lol!) But seriously, had this set been release in January, June or October, I probably would not have purchased it. But since Brown Eyed Susans are all over the place right now and they give me that nostalgic late summer feeling: I caved.
And since they are wild, I don't feel bad about letting Orla and Maeve pick them. ;) Which makes them happy too.

Both the cards here are pretty simple because it was late by the time I finished the first card I was working on. Does is take everyone 1-2 hours per card? Seriously, does it? Or am I just so challenged or indecisive or what? Anyhow, after the first card (I'll post that Monday for TS sketch) I should have just called it a night. But I was itchin' to use my watercolor crayons on this bad boy and see how it looked. I colored directly on the rubber then misted it with water and stamped. It has been a long time since I did this, so I think I over spritzed and it got a little muddy on the top card...I tried resolve the issue by stamping the words over it...didn't work. So then I added the ribbon smack dab in the middle. :P If I were to do this card again, I would move the sentiment down to the left. Oh well, not every card is meant to be a masterpiece!
Of course, then I needed to make a second card where I didn't muddy up the colors...but by now I was really tired and not feeling at all creative.

However, maybe simple is a good match for this set...uncomplicated: like the last few days of summer vacation when we were kids.

11 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I like that a lot and I need to remember I have the watercolor crayons and can do this ;-) This is a set on my must have list as well.

Michelle Quinno said...

They're both so pretty! The second is my favorite and I wouldn't change a thing.

I am the one who is challenged and indecisive. You may be indecisive...I don't know you that well, but you are definitely not challenged!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

you call these "uncomplicated"??? They look complicated! They are both beautiful!!

tonistamps said...

Geez! I love this set AND what you've done with it Kerry! Beautiful cards - both of them. I can't pick a favorite.

Ida said...

Great card Kerry...I'm waiting to get that set but I love it. It's neat how it can be Black/Brown Eyed Susans, Coneflowers etc...The Watercolor looks is perfect.

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

These are both great! I can't choose a favorite between them. And yes sometimes it takes me hours to do 1 card too. Just depends on my mood I guess.

Sue from Oregon said...

Pretty...I love this set...and yes it can take me several hours for one card! I never know what I am doing until I get into it! Thats why I like to case and have tried a few sketches. :0 I have found sketches to be wonderful!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What beautiful creations...both of them are stunningly lovely. Fabulous images and a truly inspiring sentiment!

Chef Gaynol said...

What great cards! So glad Mamichelle told me about your blog!

MJ said...

That is exactaly what I wanted to do with this set, your cards are beautiful! I have not even ordered this yet! By the way did you notice that you won the year of paper crafts magazine on my blog?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! I love that set. I can't wait to get mine.
Hugs and smiles

Related Posts with Thumbnails