Monday, March 1, 2010

Is is Spring yet??

Stamps: Berry Tilda; Easter Egg with Bow; sentiment unknown
Paper: Memory Box Gossamer
Other:
Nestabilities labels Die; Kaiser pearls; Star Dust Stickles; Trim from Joann's

Copics:
RV95,93,91...BG13,11,10

Card Measures 6" sq

Hello! It's not spring yet around here...that's for sure!

March is one of the worst months of the year around here in my opinion. It doesn't matter that I grew up right here in New England...every year I find it hard to face the fact that just because the calendar has changed to March...Mother Nature is still giving us full on winter. Actually, I prefer a good Blizzard...it's exciting and very beautiful after the fact. But in March we don't get that. We get a wet snowing mushy snow. And it just looks dirty afterward. It makes your shoes, the bottom of your pants and your car FILTHY! The problem is, by March, I am ready for spring...in a bad way!! Particularly this year.

To help spring along, I thought it was time to start making some spring themed cards. Complete with posies and pastels and Easter eggs. Both Tilda and the Easter egg are available at Magnolia-licious. Diana has oodles of Easter stamps in. Plus, you can Pre-order the Hoppy Easter collection now.

This sketch for this card was provided by fellow Magnolia-licious DT member Jacque.
This is the Magnolia-licous sketch of the month. You can check out the deets on the Magnolia-licious highlites blog. You will also be able to view the other DT members fantastical cards there! So enjoy!

I want to thank the girls over at The Divine Influence for inviting me to feature my blog!
I am totally honored!! Check it out!



And finally, I said I would share a few photos of CHA again. Some more amazing stampers that I think of as my friends!!

Me with Kim Howard and Kristen Catalano:




Me and Suzanne Dean at the Magnolia (Sweden) Booth:




Me and Lisa Somerville:



Have an Astounding Tuesday!

33 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Great creation Kerry!

Cheryl said...

I agree completely! I am soooo ready for spring! If you get the chance stop over at my blog today to see the snow piled in front of my house!
I love your card! The coloring (as always) takes center stage! Love the fresh, pretty papers that you matched it to. Beautiful!

maddy hill said...

Theres frost on the ground here in leeds uk !
love the card - wow its so pretty and the papers are just devine !
love the colouring.
hugs
maddy x

Tracey said...

I love the soft pretty colours on this Kerry! It's gorgeous!! xx

Scrappinangler said...

Oh, she is beautiful! I just recently got into Magnolia's myself! I will look here for more inspiration - beautiful work! Hugs,
Tori

Sheri said...

Love your springy card! I am with you on the March thing. March is always forever long and we can have some nasty storms and yes, it is heavy wet snow. Of course we have had our share of blizzards in April as well but April just sounds like spring.

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Kerry! Been thinking of you a lot! Hope we'll chat soon!

Hugs and love

Vicki

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful Easter card, Kerry! Love Tilda sitting on the egg and the pretty Spring colors! Your papers are yummy too! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the pics!! How FUN!! Hope you're doing well, chickie! Take care of yourself!
hugs!
Sharon

Jeano said...

I love the coloring on your card. Very beautiful!

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the color and paper choices adn you have colored Tilda beautifully!
Hugs, Christine :)

Gina K said...

Love the pearls and the color combination. Very spring-like and sweet. Now if the weather would only cooperate! Gina L

Gina K said...

Love the pearls and the color combination. Very spring-like and sweet. Now if the weather would only cooperate! Gina L

akuperstein said...

A beautiful card. I love the design, the colors and the coloring!
Andrea

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Kerry, good to see your still around and not buried alive in the snow! LOL What a gorgeous card, your colors are fabulous. Your coloring is so gorgeous, what an outstanding, happy, ready for spring creation!

Regina said...

I love your card!!!!!:))))))) You did a stunning job. I´m always so happy for having the opportunity to see yours and others very talented ladies cards!!!:)))
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Regina

Maria Matter said...

She's beautiful Kerry!

Hope all is well!
Blessings, Maria

Myrna said...

I am so ready for Spring!! It's been great to see all the pastel colors of spring on cards. Your Tilda and egg are just beautiful! Myrna

Nancy said...

What a pretty spring card! Love how you have colored Tilda and the design papers are so pretty. This is a awesome layout by Jacque.
Beautiful card Kerry!
Hugs,
Nancy

Jean said...

Simply love this card Kerry... the layout and colorying is so adorable.. just screams Happy Easter... Just hope it quits snowing by then!!! Great Job!!
Hugs, Jean

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is very beautiful Kerry! What a lovely design and the mix of colors is just perfect for the SPRING that we are all longing for! :D

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful springy card Kerry. Love the cute images and the precious colors :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Basement Stamper said...

Those are some great looking girls in your photos ;-)

Love the card, it is very springy!

Robin said...

Lovely card! I love the color you used on the egg. I also love the paper. What a springy card!

Candy said...

Hi Kerry!
Been missing you :o)
Love the beautiful papers used on your wonderful card!! Tilda is a cute as a button sittin on that easter egg. Love lace too!
Hope to see more from you from now on....
Hugs, Candy

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So pretty! your colouring is beautiful and so are the papers!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Gorgeous card, Kerry! Love it & love the pics too. TFS
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Julie said...

Your card is beautiful Carrie. I love the sweet, soft colors. Gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing the pictures as well. Fun stuff!

Kristen H said...

Here is my card! Thanks for a fun challenge and the great cards to look at from the DT and other participants.

Cami said...

Love, love, love this cute Easter card with that cutie pie Tilda you have colored so beautifully! Thanks for sharing the pics... you all must've had a lot of fun! Hugs, Cami

dawnmercedes said...

Here is mine!

http://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com/2010/03/free-for-all.html

Christine Riley said...

What an absolutley stunning card! The layout is fabulous and I love the rich colors.
Hugs, Christine

Joynana said...

Kerry, looking at your card could almost make me beleive that spring is here. You did a wonderful job on this card.

Stampin Mindy said...

I just love these soft papers, the colors are gorgeous and very much has the feel for spring! I love all the layers! Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails