Thursday, December 3, 2009

Angles and Sheep

Stamps: #3010 Christmas Angel from Magnolia-Licious Other: 2" Wired Ribbon; Gold self adhesive pearls by unknown; Gold embossing powder; Inky Light Deluxe Starter Kit from Inky Antics; Copics: Hair: E99, Y23,11...Dress: E31,30,000....Wings: G85,82,20...burgundy trim/shoes: R39,37....Stars: Y28,26,23 and the gold Spica.



I am in love!
With this OH SO SWEET Christmas Angel Tilda! Another new stamp image from the So Jolly Collection available at Magnolia-licious. I hope that I have time to use all the stamps before Christmas!!! I think I will make time! They are SOOOOO ADORABLE!! Don't we say that about every collection!? LOL! But seriously, how sweet is this little Angel?!
I am also in love with these light blocks. I have seen them around the stamping world for several years, but never attempted one. Finally, I got the kit from Inky Antics. I have been waiting to get my new Magnolia Christmas stamps to make a light...and I am glad...because every once in awhile I make something that I am really pleased with. This is one of them. You know why? Because I think it has a WOW factor but is WAY easy to make. The Inky kit has everything except the stamps and ribbon in it! This made it SO EASY for my first light. Because I didn't have to go out and find everything on my own and guess if I were getting the right things. No, Inky Antics is not asking to promote these! LOL! I know I sound like I am a 2 am infomercial for Inky Light kits...but seriously, so easy! Sure, then once you got it down you can try to get the elements needed on your own. But I have spent the week trying to find glass blocks at a reasonable price or in this 4.5" size....also I can't find mini sets of light on WHITE cords. On the ones I am finding the cords are green...which I think would take away from this. The instructions on how to make the light are HERE. I also purchase an EZ Bow Maker from Michaels. Another handy dandy item that helped me to make this pretty bow in just a few minutes. I was pretty happy with that. I have to say that even Pat was impressed when I brought the finished project up. I got an authentic "Oh wow! That's NICE!" Then he starts man-handling it trying to see how it was put together...my glue wasn't even totally dry yet! LOL!


Talk about cute image overload! Looky at the new Digi Images that Pink Cat Studio is releasing today!! I must say that I am pretty darn lucky to be on some FANTASTIC Design Teams... All these cute images to work with!




I made the card below with the same sheep image. I just flipped it and resized it. That way I had a whole sheep family. I will be posting a card with that adorable piggy in the near future. I just haven't made it yet!


Well, it's 3:30 in the AM so I need to be off to bed. But before I go, I want to thank everyone for the all the prayers and good thoughts for my hubby to resume work soon. All prayers and and good jujus are appreciated. I am also glad that many of you enjoyed my wacky thought process of making a card! Heck, with I am surprised that you actually read all that!! LOL! Thanks for stopping by here each day your comments are always appreciated. (((hugs)))

Have a Tremendous Thursday!

33 comments:

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Kerry, both of your creations are SO ADORABLE!! new pink cat studio stamps are so cuuuute!!!!
I love them both!!
Hugs & Kisses
Vivi

Anonymous said...

Kerry, both projects are so cute! Love those sheep! WOW! Your Tilda light is definitely a WOW project. Sniff, my Christmas stamps haven't come in yet... Love seeing what you've done with them. hugs, Angela

Kristen said...

Both are fantastic, but I LOVE the colors you chose with the PCS card.

Maria said...

Fabulous creations Kerry! Love the light and what a wonderful gift idea. Hugs, Maria

Linda said...

The PCS sheep card is precious. Love the bright colors. The light is lovely. That image is so sweet.

Tammi said...

that is soooo cute! What a perfect card for a kid during the holidays!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love both of your projects, Kerry! The light box is gorgeous! I have to admit, I'm not a Magnolia fan (gasp!!) but this stamp is really cute!

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow Kerry, this light is truly amazing, your colours & bows are beautiful and I have to agree this is my new favourite Tilda, or at least out of the Christmas collection. I love your Pink Cat Cards also, they are adorable. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Audrey said...

i am in love with that sheep card! I have to say it is one of my favorites ever!!! you are so talented!

Emily Leiphart said...

Kerry, your sheep family is wonderful! What a fantastic idea and I love all their different coloured hats. Teehee!

Elizabeth S. said...

Both projects are just fantastic! I love the lite kit. That magnolia image is so adorable.

Ida said...

What a sweet project Kerry. It's just totally adorable (so are those sheep). Oh I read your post below too about your card making process (how funny) but I often think the same thing about my projects.

Tracey said...

Awesome stuff Kerry! You never disappoint! xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just beautiful Kerry--she's positively glowing! :o)

hugz,
Suzanne

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, wow, Kerry! Your light box is just stunning. I would love to have something like that at my house. You did an awesome job with it. You Pink Cat Studio card is deeeeelightful! You always impress me with your work...hugs...Barb

Julie said...

I have seen the blocks decorated with Uppercase Living vinyl decor, but I just love what you have done with Tilda.

Kathy W said...

I have one these blocks sitting in my closet, need to break it out- love what you did with it. need to get me one of those bow makers too!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! This is spectacular!! Love the glow to it. I also love the little sheep card, great colors!

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh Kerry! This is BRILLIANT!!!!! Love your card!

Hugs

Vicki

Cami said...

Oh my, what a beautiful Angel Tilda light block! Wow Kerry, you did a fantastic job coloring her and making those fab bows! I love this project! Hugs, Cami

Scrappinangler said...

Kerri, I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw your sheep card! LOVE the 'herd' idea - too cute. So sorry to hear about your hubby, hope he finds something quick. My hubby got laid off last summer ('08) and did not find anything for several months. He took something in the interim and just recently got on with the company he wanted to work for in Oct 09. He is just now in a more stable industry with a better job and it changed our lives over the last year. I will keep your family in my prayers. I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to express your feelings to your hubby, Mine is the worrier too i nthe relationship and I was the one saying God has a plan and we need to just Trust and wait - it is really hard to believe that everyday. I am sending big hugs your way! ON a lighter note, your Tilda light is awesome. My hobby lobby has a bunch of those blocks, so I might have to try it out myself! ~Tori

Maria said...

Holy Moly, Kerry! Your Tilda project is so pretty! I love all the pretty bows and your beautiful coloring. You also did a wonderful job with the PCS card. . .love that you created a bunch of sheeps with the scenary. . .what a great way to use the digi images!!

Maria

Candy said...

Kerry your projects are both adorable. I made those light blocks years ago for my whole family - before I learned to stamp - by using Graphics from the Net. I did have to run ALL over for all the parts and my husband had to drill holes in the blocks so I could get the set of lights inside. So I think it is WONDERFUL that kits are available now!! I must get myself one because I never did make one for ME!!!!
Love the family of sheep card! Fantastic colours!!
Big hugs, Candy

Cheryl said...

Kerry, there is always a surprise when I come to your blog! Yesterday a wonderful card and hilarious story that we can all relate to and today the wonderful glass block project and and adorable card!
Wishing your family the best in this tough time.
Stamping is such good therapy for stress, isn't it?
cheryl

Evelyn C said...

Wow what a stunning loght box- the image is sooooo adorable and your ribbon on topjust gives it the wow factor too! Love the digi imagesand what you have done with your sheep card - fabby colours x have a good weekend x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - absolutely beautiful. I love the box and everything about it. The sheep are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.

Kerry Peasland

Pia said...

Kerry,
I love the card and the light box! Great job as usual! I am tired after my long drive and ran out of comments.

Cloth Diapers said...

So cute. Love the sheep! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

Kerry I love your light block! This little Tilda angel was a perfect choice for your block and she is colored perfectly as always! Love your work!
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Your cards are fantastic! Being a Magnolia addict I lovvve your light project. So pretty!
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Inge Groot said...

What a fab idea to make a sheep family, great card Kerry!

Have a lovely Sunday,

Inge xOx

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Did I somehow miss who won your blog candy on Dec 1st? Didn't ever see it posted.

Alicia Weiman said...

I never got over here to leave a comment on your adorable card, but thought I would stop by today. I love what you did with the sheep, it's so cute! Isn't it fun working with digi images!

Related Posts with Thumbnails