Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Get Well Bunny

Stamps: Image from High Hopes; sentiment from SU!
Paper: Making Memories Flower Patch
Ink: Memento Black; Copics
Other: Kaiser pearls; SU! brads; White Flock; Stardust Stickles; Scallop border punch; Nesties
Card Measures 6" sq



Hello! Thanks for stopping by today, my friends!
I hope that you all had a lovely weekend and Monday. I took the weekend off from stamping. LOL...Friday night I went to crop with some friends at a LSS, but um, I got nothing done. literally: nothing! I did get out of the house though and spend some time with a couple of good GF's! So that was nice. Sunday we went to Pat's brother's house and didn't get home until late. I am also still frantically finishing up some samples for CHA that should have mailed like yesterday! I think that I will be able to show you them next month some time. After I worked on some of those, I stayed up late (like that's unusual!) last night to make a card that I could share on my blog today. My sister-in-law went in for a surgery yesterday so I thought I would make this card for her.
When I ordered these High Hopes Stamps back in February, I never got a chance to use this sweet bunny holding tulips. (I did make one with a bunny holding the egg). I felt last night that I needed a break from what I was doing for CHA and a break from my usual Tildas/Edwins and Hannas/Rileys. Don't get me wrong...I am not sick of those stamps...but I wanted something different. Anyhooooooo, I know that tulips have been long gone for awhile, but I this image is so cute that I don't care! What do you think? Does this card look too "out of season"?

Speaking of seasons, I would like to share that our unending rain seems to have passed. Thanks for all your good weather thoughts!!!! We still have rain, but not all day, every day like June. It has not gotten really hot though, either. Not that I am complaining about that! I am not a huge fan of the heat. It has been about 77º-82º. The best part is that it has not been humid. ICK...humidity!! The typical summer humidity is not around and I am a HAPPY girl! LOL! It would be nice if some days were a tad bit warmer for the kids to enjoy some water fun...but I am certainly happy! And Pat is happy with the electric bill savings from not running the A/C! LOL!

Well, Declan woke up with some kind of rash this AM...so we are off to the DR.

Thanks again for stopping by today! I always appreciate all your kind comments!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

20 comments:

Lorie said...

Kerry...this is so, so sweet! Love it!

Tina said...

anytime with girlfriends is worth it - still a cute card - thanks for sharing.

Sue from Oregon said...

Kerry
...you know what makes your cards so special...(besides you of course LOL) Your layouts, coloring and choice of DP are just spot on...another wonderful card!

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card. she's gonna love and i'm gonna pray.

hugs,

Nora said...

I don't think that it's "out of season" - as crafters, we're usually one or two seasons ahead of the rest of the world anyway. It's nice to break out of your norm & do something a little different.

I really love the colors & (is that flower soft?!?) the grass. The faces on HH stamps remind me of tole painting artist, Annie Lang, & I love her stuff!

I think it's precious!
~hugs~

Danni said...

Such a pretty card! Love how you used it for a get well. Nice and cheery...
I'll send you some of my heat...suppose to be 105 today, ugh! LOL!

Sharon Caudle said...

So CUTE, Kerry! Love that image and your coloring is FANTASTIC!! I think the Bunny with tulips makes a wonderful get well card! Not out of season at all as far as I'm concerned! Hope all is well with Declan.
hugs
Sharon

Linda S. said...

Hi Kerry,
This card is adorable (as usual). I completely understand about the need to break away from our normal stamp routine and to go another direction. I have always felt that by doing this, it prevents our loss of mojo. So, I say mix it up, it's good for you, and good for your readers and fans as well.
To answer your "out of season" question....Is a Get Well/Feel Better card ever out of season? It is truly not the stamped image that counts, it is the fact that you are thinking about your SIL, and you cared enough to use your time and skills to create something just for her. Just my $.02 worth. Linda S. in NE

Pia said...

Super cute Kerry! I think you can buy tulips in bloom so I think you are okay. They must be in season somewhere!
Perfect coloring as usual!

Jekka said...

Happy Tuesday to you!!! I don't think this card is out of season at all--it's a perfect image for your occasion. It would also work for a "Just Hopping By To Say Hello" card :>)

Ila said...

Your card is Sooooo Gorgeous!!...love your coloring..and I think this image is perfect!!...I'm not a heat lover either...and believe me this last week...we haven't got any..lol...Hope the little fella is okay...Hugs, Ila

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is beautiful! This would brighten anyone's day for sure.

I hope everything is okay with Declan.

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Kerry, I just love this stamp
Clairex

Ida said...

OMG Kerry this is ADORABLE!!! No way would this be "out of season" as it's just to doggone cute for that. Another of my favorites of your cards.

Rach said...

what a gorgeous card, so pretty. hugs Rach xx

Tracey said...

This is an adorable card Kerry! Love that bunny!

Christina C. said...

Oh, Kerry, I just love that get well bunny. Sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful card! Hugs, Christina C.

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love the Bunny stamp! Your coloring is amazing!!!
Hope that the surgery will go well!

Vicki G said...

Your colouring is AMAZING here!

Vicki

Jessica G. said...

Awesome coloring! The flocking and Flowersoft make it such an interactive card -- bet it's fun to touch!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails