Friday, February 6, 2009

Mojo....Friday? And a few questions

Stamps: Cupid Bear from Whipper Snapper; Sentiment from SU!
Paper: double sided DP from Daisy D's; Rose Red and Lavender Lace cardstock from SU! Papertrey White CS.
Ink: Memento Black; Copics
Other: Half pearls; white and lavender rhinestones; Prima flowers; Flower Ric Rac; Bittersweet Brad from Basic Grey; Martha Stewart heart border punch; SU! scallop circle punch; Stardust Stickles
Card Measures 5x7

Hello! Happy Friday!! This week I am participating in my first Mojo Monday Sketch. Julee has lots of wonderful sketches over there! I love sketches...they are such a great starting point for card makers. I often struggle with layouts. I often have an idea in my head of some of the elements I want to use on a card...(Usually something new I bought! lol!)...but getting that stuff actually on the card is sometimes hard. With a sketch I have a guideline...but feel like I also have "creative liscense" to add or change something to fit the idea in my head. That said, I stuck pretty close to the sketch provided for this card. The paper was rather busy that I didn't need to add anything more to add interest.

I wanted to remind everyone who has not entered yet that Kelly is giving away BLOG CANDY over at the KL SNS store blog! You can still enter until tomorrow night!!

On another note, I am *thinking* about starting my own challenge here. Last week I had asked what challenges you like to participate in because the day before I had made that origami box from participating in SCS challenge and was so happy I did give it a try. But many of you took it to mean that I was going to start a challenge of my own. I had not intended to....but all your replies got me thinking. The most of you said you enjoy sketch challenges. But let's face it, there are alot of sketch challenges out there already. (just off the top of my head I can think of 3 great sources for sketches Technostamper, SCS, and Mojo Monday. And there must be oodles more) . After sketch challenges there was no close second. Answers ranged from color, inspiration, limited supply, technique...etc...

So, I was thinking about doing a different theme every week. Week one I might have a color challenge...Week 2 we might have a technique that we haven't used in awhile or ever...Week 3 might be a masculine theme....etc... I was thinking that this would keep it interesting...and can help us try something new that we didn't even know we would like, work out of our comfort zone and get us out of a rut. I mean, I know that sometimes (ok...OFTEN) I just get into making everything look the same. Same colors all the time. Same style. Same same same....

What do you think? Would you participate? Would you share a link here for us to all ogle over your lovely creation? Would you be more willing to participate and share your work if every so many challenges there was a prize involved?! Now, I know you people like to win stuff! LOL! Let me know what you think!!

Have a Fantabulous Friday!



37 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

What a nicely coloured image which is adorable. Love the layout and the papers used.

Jayne xx

Sue said...

aww a lovely card he is so cute, fab papers, sue.x

ribenaruby said...

Cutey image! Nice papers and beautifully coloured. Would give your challenge a try if you went ahead.

Peggy said...

Cute card! I would participate in challenges. I would post a link. Of course I would love to win things!! he he

MJ said...

Fun card. And uh, would I, COULD I, should I be a part of YOUR design team???

Tracey said...

An adorable card Kerry!!

Tami Grandi said...

I love this card :) And, I absolutely love challenges- they get me out of my "box" and help me not to get in a rut.

Crystal said...

I love a challenge....

great cards!!!

Stef H said...

I soooo with you on this. I love challenges and I'll be here for yours. You do such beautiful work and are a big inspiration to me! I can hardly wait!!!

Unknown said...

The card came out great! I don't mind challenges when I remember them. I have been able to keep up with sisterhood ones because I printed out the schedule! SO as long as I remember I'll do it!

Monique said...

I love your card Kerry.

I wouls try out some of your challenges if I can find the time :)).

Hugs Monique

Danni said...

Adorable card!
I love challenges but struggle with color ones, but I would try to participate when I could and would share a link too. I don't care about winning a prize so much as just having fun!

Amber said...

you do amazing work and i love the colors on all your work this card is too cute tho ! have a great weekend

Michelle Quinno said...

This is so cute! I love this sketch. I saw it and thought I need to try it but I haven't had any time.

I would try to participate. I love color challenges but I get a little nervous when I have to post. I'll give it a shot though!

Chris (catt871) said...

I love that layout too!! Your card is awesome!! I would totally participate - and prizes are always great but not necessary all the time!!!!

mudmaven said...

Love that card! Variety is the spice of life and I would love to participate in your challenges! ~chris

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I have never been in a challenge, but would consider yours (maybe, I am so new at this, I don't really know what I'm doing) still wondering where you get that memento black ink?

Ashley Rv said...

first I have to say that your cards have inspired to whip out my stamps and play. I absolutely love your cards, too cute.... I would love to participate in a challenge.

Sharon Caudle said...

that is the CUTEST stamp and you colored it beautifully! that paper is some of my fav too! Great card Kerry!!

As much as I would love to participate in challenges, I struggle to keep up with the few I do right now for the design teams I'm on. :)

have a wonderful weekend!

Stressed Stamper said...

really love the card as always...and yes I would do a challenge, only done one before, so hopefully it will be an easy one that I can take part in.

Have a great weekend

Sarah

Anonymous said...

kerry,
I love the idea of your lil' challenge... I'll sign up... btw. thanks for the Mojo Monday link and one question... why are you sharing it on a Friday?!?!?!? LOL!!!!

-- dalis

Vicki G said...

That looks like a confection!!! How adorable!!!!!!!


Vicki

Yaneri said...

Hey Kelly!
First thing first, I like your card a lot! So adorable! Cute stamp!
And on to the questions you were asking. That would be sooo cool for you to have challenges. I been into challenges lately. I been blogging one blog to another trying to find challenges. I found a lot of them. Check out my side bar. I have links under "Are you ready for the Challenge". Color challenges are real fun, sketches as well. If you put a challenge can you put Mister Linky, it so much easier and i think it will bring a good crowd of people. You can also do theme sketches...for example...animals, flowers, use a charm.
Well those are just some ideas. Thanks for letting me share on this!

Hugs!
Yaneri from not so warm but cloudy and rainy Orange County, California!

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable!!

I think it would be awesome if you did challenges. I like the idea of it not always being the same type of challenge........I like variety so I don't get bored. lol I would do my best to participate and I agree with the above poster about using Mr Linky...it is easier.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. :)

Tonya

Rebecca Ednie said...

I would say I play challenges about 70% of the time I spend crafting and I am always looking for ones with a twist. For instance, there was a cake challenge where you chose 5 baking ingredients then looked at a list where the ingredients corresponded to bellies or techniques! Or the LOVE challenge to make a card with items beginning with each letter! I can't say I'd play your challenge every week but the more challenging, the more appealing. Some challenges have an easy and a hard version like the stamp simply challenge to make a winter card. The harder level was to do so without snowflakes or snowmen. For me, that kind of challenge is ideal. I do tend to do more challenges for prizes though, I'll admit it! I don't have much time and I have to make the most of it. I hope you come up with some fun ones. If you want ideas, contact me.

Ida said...

Adorable card and a great sketch.
Yes I would participate in challenges.

Sue from Oregon said...

Challenges are what get me stamping!

Love this cards...the colors are so fun!

Elena said...

Very-very cute!!! I love th embellishments you used, Kerry! Challenges are always fun! I think yo ushould try doing it! Especially because you are very talented and so popular!

Sally said...

Love your card. The background paper looks like wallpaper with a chair rail. I love it!

Kathy W said...

great mojo-
challenges depend on my time that week- I am about a 50 -50

Kelly L said...

wow, that is one beautiful card. I love the colors and you really rocked that sketch! I think a weekly challenge is a GREAT idea. I would play when I find the time, and . . . I will help you with some prize ideas once in a while too. :) Kel

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card - beautiful colours!

Kristine said...

Hi Kerry!! Oh, super-de-duper card! Love that image. I know what you mean--but I do LOVE sketches, but I think you're right and maybe color challenges, doing a masculine card or whatever would help push me out of my box a little. I would definately participate! :)

Now, just wanted to let ya know...I'm celebrating my birthday next week (12th) and just posted some blog candy! Kelly said she would sweeten the pot by adding a little something from her as well (since I'm on the DT and all) =) I'd love for you to take a look!
Hugsxx

Tammi said...

Adorable image and card, awesome job on the sketch. Your different theme challenges sound great!

Kim said...

Awesome card Kerry! beautiful! I love your idea of different challenges, and I would love to participate when I have time! :) Between my studying and homework! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

oh my goodness, this is fantabulous!!!! I don't know why I didn't get the update for it. You are going to make me like purple yet!

nicky w. said...

Cute card...that bear is adorable...and I love how you incorporated the purple with red...perfect match to your paper! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails