Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mondays Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #5



Stamps: By Definition Paper: Real Red and Basic Black. designer paper by unknown. Other: Creative Memories cutting system to do the wave. Word Window punch; Heart punch; Corner punch. Dazzling Diamonds. Red and white bling brads


This was a rough sketch for me. A true challenge. I didn't know what to do with myself because the sketch offered me no place for a "main image". I printed off the sketch and put it in my stamp room and kept looking at it....coming up blank. I thought that I just wouldn't participate in this one. I took out several different sets. I took out a few punches thinking I would use some punches ...I wasn't going to do it. But I tried, and this what I came out with in the end. It is OK. Not in my favorite top ten. Not horrible enough to throw away. LOL....in fact I gave it to DH for his Valentine. Whether I think it is a masterpiece or just OK, he has the same reaction to it: indifferent. He is a great guy, really...but doesn't get excited or critical or anything about my cards. Except if they spin or move or something. Remember when spinner cards were all the rage? He liked that....because he wanted to know how I did it. How did it work?? After I de-mystify it, he is back to indifferent the next one I make.

Back to the card. It measures 4 x 8.5 inches. The words on the 3 bars: You+Me, Forever, and Ever I punched out from the paper. Go on over to Mary Jo's blog (Technostamper) to see her fabtastic card and the links to a bunch of other great cards for this sketch!

11 comments:

MJ said...

Kerry this is WONDERFUL. I agree it was a hard one this week. You did a fabulous job though. I love how you punched out the words. And the heart is a great touch. Love it. And I so agree about hubby's and their indifference to most things, lol! Too funny.

Lisa Somerville said...

Glad you decided to play Kerry. This sketch was a bit of a challenge, but yours turned out great!

Pat Huntoon said...

I like how you balanced yours with the corner element, Kerry. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Kerry! I like the "curvy" edge.

Margaret Raburn said...

Beautiful card, Kerry! The curves are perfect with the hearts and give it a more romantic look for Valentine's. Great idea! Yeah, these guys don't get too excited about our stamping but that's why we have girlfriends, right?!

Valerie Byrnes said...

Your card is wonderful :-) I don't even bother to make cards for my hubby. He usually responds by saying, "What am I supposed to do with this?" Then it turns into clutter on his nightstand which already has enough LOL.

Basement Stamper said...

I think your card turned our fabulous! I haven't messed with the sketch this week and I had a really difficult time trying to figure out what to do with it.

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, I think it turned out great!! I know what you mean about the no place for a focal image, that is tough, don't know if I could do it either. Yours is fabulous!

rozie640 said...

Love your card, my favorite colors! Very cute!

Lesli said...

Beautiful work - I enjoyed looking at your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I love it .... LOVE it, Kerry!! I adore making tall cards ... just because it presents a different palette!

Related Posts with Thumbnails